Industrial Action

 Advice for Patients during Industrial Action within the NHS:

  • NHS services across the North East & Yorkshire region are experiencing extremely high demand at the moment – this includes GP practices, which are extremely busy.
  • If you need advice for a minor/mild illness or injury, in the first instance, please look at the self-care advice that’s available on-line from the NHS at or contact your local pharmacy.  
  • If you want to check your symptoms, there is an on-line symptom checker available at, which will re-direct you to a health professional if you need to be consulted by someone.  
  • The 111 online service is effective and efficient and endorsed by your GP.  You will be dealt with more quickly using 111 online than calling 111.  Go to