We are changing the way our repeat prescription service works...
From the 1st May 2016 you will no longer be able to order your medications over the phone. Don't panic - there are lots of ways to order your medications;
- Online - register for online request of repeat medications and appointments.
- Once you have online access, you can use the patient access app to request your medication - see leaflet how repeat prescriptions will change.
- Written request (posted to the surgery).
- Ordering your request in person, at the reception desk.
(If you do not have access to the internet you may continue to telephone your repeat prescription request).
Please allow at least 48 hours for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
At your registration health check details of on-going medication will be taken. When you need a new supply, contact the Health Centre in person, online or by letter, giving details of your request. Your prescription will be ready within 48 hours.
Please note that to order a prescription of the "pill" (oral contraceptive) the patient must be seen by a nurse. This can be done by coming to the walk-in CASH clinic which runs from Monday - Friday 0930 - 1130 or by booking an appointment with a nurse.
Electronic Prescription Service
As from 12th August 2014 we are going live with EPS (Electronic Prescription Service), this means when you request a repeat prescription from the Health Centre you can collect the prescription straight from your nominated Pharmacy/Chemist.
For more information visit http://systems.hscic.gov.uk/eps/patients, your pharmacy or Reception.
Electronic Prescription Service Document
Certain Products Are No Longer Available On Prescription in Kirklees
- Sunscreen for skin protection from UV radiation
- Emollients (moisturisers) for minor skin conditions
- Soya and thickened infant formula
- Gluten-free food
These products are widely available at local shops and supermarkets. Your local pharmacist will be able to advise you on the best product to meet your specific needs or visit www.nhs.uk for general health advice.